My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

In what is surely the second-greatest* performance of this song in recorded human history, Bruce Springsteen and (I think) R.E.M. join Neil Young in Minneapolis in 2004 for "Rockin' in the Free World."

(UPDATE: Fogerty, too, Shankar scolds.)



--
* Second only to that which Neil and I saw in this tiny bar in southern Ireland in March 2000. The band was called Sin-Aid and they sang classic American rock all night, adding a tin-whistle part to every song. If I recall correctly, the singer claimed he was a wanted fugitive in every other country in the E.U. Regardless, those guys really knew how to rock. Show of my life.