My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Okay, so there's good quirk and then there's bad quirk, and then there's comedy, see, which dares to be potent and brave, like recent hit movie Knocked Up, which dared to matter, all right?

...Tell Michael Hirschorn he just made my list of things to do today. I can't believe he went after both Wes Anderson and Arrested Development; it's like he's trying to hurt me personally. My only consolation is that his argument is a jumbled, incoherent mess, predicated on the usual mistake that everybody makes, that their personal cultural consumption choices have world-historical importance and ethical significance while everyone else's are trivial and at times actively evil.

I think people get this impression from the way literature is taught in high schools.

(via MeFi and blucarbnpinwheel)