My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm hoping to write something short for the Indy about Bruce this week, so I'm outsourcing my morning-after report entirely to the very good people at backstreets.com:

Charging out of the gate, they set the tone for a high-energy performance, the best of this Southern swing so far.
Well, all right! If I'd had my druthers, I might have been to the Charlotte show on Sunday night instead, if only to have seen that encore: Thunder Road, Kitty's Back, Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark. But still, our setlist was pretty crazy awesome itself:
Roulette
Don't Look Back
Radio Nowhere
Out in the Street
The Promised Land
Magic
Gypsy Biker
It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
Trapped
Because the Night
Darkness on the Edge of Town
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
Mary's Place
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

ENCORE:
Backstreets
Bobby Jean
Born to Run
Ramrod
American Land
I don't see any video yet, but there's some video from Charlotte up at YouTube. If you say your prayers and eat your vitamins and squint your eyes you can just make out my buddy Shankar in the Pit losing his mind and saving his soul (keep your eyes above the YouTube logo):

He's right at the right edge of the screen—a woman bumps into him at the 2:40 mark, but you can see it doesn't faze him a bit.