My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Saturday, April 19, 2008


"We badly underestimated the degree of damages and the risks of climate change...All of the links in the chain are on average worse than we thought a couple of years ago." Much more at MeFi.

Also in environmental linkage: Jeffrey Sachs has economics for a crowded planet at NPR, while Paul Greenberg unexpectedly beats me to the punch with a post on James Howard Kunstler and Ernest Callenbach's Ecotopia, which I read on the plane to San Francisco and which figures importantly into a paper I sometimes imagine I'm working on on environmental Marxism and sustainability.

I should have a longish post on that topic at culturemonkey sometime in the next few weeks—definitely before June. I have two other papers to write first, which is exactly why I'm on the Internet at two in the morning doing none of them.