My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just a few hours ago I saw George Lucas trying to seriously downplay expectations for Indy 4:

George Lucas has gone out of his way to lower expectations. He said: "When you do a movie like this, a sequel that's very, very anticipated, people anticipate ultimately that it's going to be the Second Coming. And it's not. It's just a movie, just like the other movies.

"You probably have fond memories of the other movies. But if you went back and looked at them, they might not hold up the same way your memory holds up."

He added: "You're not going to get a lot of accolades doing a movie like this. All you can do is lose."
But now I see him talking the movie up in a big way:
"I haven’t even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

"And it’s not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he’s 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it’s not like he’s an old man. He’s incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me."
Conclusion: This movie cannot fail. Even the patented George Lucas reverse-Midas touch can't screw this up. Via AICN.

Plus: LEGO Indy.