My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today is the [Undisclosed Location]quinox, which means we're halfway through the term. I could do this all summer. I'm not completely exhausted at all.

Clearing the decks this morning:

* What do the Dutch know that we don't? Thousands of people in the Netherlands are preparing for the 2012 apocalypse.

* A judge has ruled that, legally speaking, Duke football completely sucks.

* Nothing makes me feel more curmudgeonly than agreeing with Christopher Hitchens about anything, but my god—you'd think Tim Russert had been president before he became the pope. And that's before this stuff about miracles started.

* On the virtues of taking it slow as a novelist. Finally, my laziness patience has been vindicated!

* And good news from the world of science: the Large Hadron Collider probably won't destroy the earth.