My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Monday, July 28, 2008

There's been a whole lot of talk the last few days about Gov. Tim Kaine of Virginia, with the pundits finally catching up to the renowned wisdom of my good friend Shankar D. And if the Shankaristas are right, at least I was half-right—I picked Virginia two months ago, but after cycling through Webb, Kaine, and Warner a few times I settled on Warner for pragmatic reasons. The Virginia statehouse and Webb's Senate seat are birds in the hand, while Warner's likely Senate seat is still off there in the bush. (That, and also the fact that Kaine's nominal pro-life stance makes a lot of progressive activists very nervous.)

The only question is: is this chatter a genuine leak, is it a trial balloon, or is it a courtesy because Kaine's not being picked? We'll find out soon, I guess.

There's more discussion at Raising Kaine, where the response from the commenters is surprisingly tepid.