My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Friday, September 05, 2008

The audacity of narcissism.

At one point in his speech last night, taking a shot at Barack Obama, Republican nominee John McCain assured Americans that "I'm not running for president because I think I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need."

Which makes the following statistic kind of interesting. In a 50-minute speech, McCain used the word "I," or variations like "me" or "my" or "myself," more than 200 times.

That's about twice as many references to personal self-greatness as Obama used in Denver.
Yep.