My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Jeffrey Toobin on the McCain speech: "I thought it was the worst speech by a nominee that I've heard since Jimmy Carter in 1980. I thought it was disorganized, I thought it was it was theme-less, I thought it was very, very boring...I personally cannot remember a single policy proposal that he made because they had nothing connecting them. I found it shockingly bad."

Former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson: "The policy in the speech was rather typical for a Republican. Pretty disappointing. It didn't do a lot of outreach to moderates and independents on issues that they care about. It talked, about issues like drilling and school choice which was really speaking to the converted. I think that was a missed opportunity. Many Americans needed to hear from this speech something they have never heard from Republicans before. And in reality, a lot of the policy they've heard from Republicans before."

Al Giordano: "A. Total. Disaster."

Wishful thinking, or will it bomb with undecideds and independents?

UPDATE: More at HuffPo, almost universally negative. Looks like I may be closer to the mainstream than I thought.