As someone who genuinely likes Barack Obama and genuinely dislikes John McCain (2008), I have to admit to feeling a certain amount of joy this week. The McCain camp just can't seem to do anything righ. I came home from the library today to find, just for instance, the following breaking news from McCainLand:
* Sarah Palin promises to institute as one of her major reforms Barack Obama's successful "Google for Government" law from 2006.
* John McCain, fresh from planning regime change in Spain, promises to get tough and fire someone the president doesn't have the authority to fire.
* Then the McCain campaign decides to preemptively accuse Obama of lying about it.
* The polls are showing that Palin is the strategic mistake she's always seemed to be.
* And FiveThirtyEight has characteristically excellent swing state analysis, showing just how deep in the weeds McCain actually is.
McCain Offense StatesIn other political news, Bill O'Reilly is officially the last person on Earth to realize what a horrible disaster Bush has been as president. So I guess that's pretty much everyone.
New Hampshire -1.6
I know things can change quick in this business, but it's been a wonderfully bad week for Republicans. Schadenfreudelicious.