Raising Kaine, one of the more influencial state-level politics blogs in the country, is closing up shop. I didn't visit much, as I'm not a Virginian, but it's a big loss for progressives there. A Daily Kos diary sums up RK's career:
Lowell Feld founded Raising Kaine to promote Tim Kaine's successful 2005 campaign, and his blog was a pivotal in the progressive wave of this decade in Virginia where Democrats:
1. Kept the governorship in Democratic hands.
2. Defeated George Allen and elected Jim Webb, flipping a U.S. Senate seat.
3. Flipped Virginia's Senate majority to the Democrats.
4. Narrowed the GOP's majority in the House of Delegates to low single digits.
5. Elected Mark Warner to the U.S. Senate, flipping the other U.S. Senate seat.
6. Defeated incumbents Thelma Drake and Virgil Goode and won Tom Davis's open seat to provide Democrats with a majority of House seats.
7. Turned Virginia blue once and for all as an Obama state.