* Naturally, Barack Obama is Time's Person of the Year. For a brief while I thought they might pick someone else for shock value, but come on, this was a gimme.
* Jaimee pointed this out to me today, and now I'm seeing it at Politico: if she's selected to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate—which seems, sadly, inevitable—Caroline Kennedy will have been in the Senate eight years in 2016, just like Clinton '08...
* Science fiction and glamor.
* TV Tropes has a whole subsection on comic book tropes.
* The best superhero graphic novels of 2008.
* And my vote for best news story of this or any year: Tiny Swiss watch found in undisturbed 400-year-old tomb.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Posted by Gerry Canavan at 2:24 PM