My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Sorry there's been so many linkdumps and so little of everything else lately. I'll get back to business soon.

* Watchmen settlement reached!

* Top ten other science fiction films for the thinking man.

* Duke's "Hoof 'n' Horn" is running Superman: The Musical this week and next. Need I say more?

* It's a show I don't watch anymore, but nonetheless I'm greatly angered to discover that The Simpsons completely retconned the history of Homer and Marge's marriage. I'm aware it happened last year. WORST EPISODE EVER.

* 'The Turning Point: How the Susan Crawford interview changes everything we know about torture.' Via Matt Yglesias. More on torture at Glenn Greenwald. I still haven't decided whether prosecutions are better than a truth and reconciliation commission, but there has to be a reckoning.

* The headline reads, "History May See Lincoln-Like Greatness in George W. Bush." Suuuuuuure.

* The facts are in: college is expensive. Very expensive. How else could I make such mad bank?