Thursday links while I should be doing other things. Also, for the tiny handful of Final Crisis fans out there&mash;spoiler alert.
* DC is pretending they've killed off Batman. It's adorable.
* Was Che Guevara "a type of Batman"? So claims Benico del Toro.
* Superuseless superpowers. Via Kottke. "13th Bullet Bulletproof" made me laugh.
* In my email: the Wikipedia page for the hilarious sounding but actually fairly tragic Boston Molasses Disaster.
Molasses, waist deep, covered the street and swirled and bubbled about the wreckage. Here and there struggled a form — whether it was animal or human being was impossible to tell. Only an upheaval, a thrashing about in the sticky mass, showed where any life was... Horses died like so many flies on sticky fly-paper. The more they struggled, the deeper in the mess they were ensnared. Human beings — men and women — suffered likewise.* Earth from space. Just another awesome post from the Big Picture.
* Obama's people: portraits of 52 top members of the Obama team.
* Did the Victorian novel make us better people? Will computer screens kill literacy? What's going to happen all the white people? And is there life on Mars?