Let's close some tabs.
* Stanley Fish says academic freedom is dangerous. I'm beginning to think Stanley Fish is dangerous.
* Forced arbitration is one of our most unrecogized societal injustices. And the courts are complicit.
After nearly three years of harassment, abuse and long hours for little or no pay, Dantz finally decided that she’d had enough. She filed suit against her employer—and the court kicked her to the curb. Even though Dantz refused to sign the binding arbitration agreement, the court said that merely by continuing to work for Applebees, she was bound by its terms. Debbie Dantz’ employer illegally abused her for almost three years, and Dantz was powerless to hold it accountable.What a horrifying story. Via MeFi.
* Scenes From An Alternate Universe Where Saved By The Bell, Rather Than Law And Order, Became The Dominant Television Franchise For A Generation.
* The Singularity is a myth. Pharyngula explains.
* Catholicism is a myth. Cynical-C explains.
* America loves Obama and hates the GOP.
* It looks like the stimulus package (tee hee) passes today. That's because we're all socialists now.