Sunday links. (UPDATE: Yes, I know it's Saturday.)
* J.G. Ballard's last story, in the Guardian.
* The governments of Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Honduras, Nicaragua and Venezuela have issued a statement in response to the 5th Summit of the Americas that declares, in part, that capitalism is destroying the planet. Why do the governments of Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Honduras, Nicaragua and Venezuela hate America / Jesus / puppies?
* See also: An anti-environmentalist lobbying coalition for industry has been caught, cigarette-lobby-like, ignoring its own experts.
* See also: this cartoon.
* Myths about the National Popular Vote Bill. This page actually answered a few of my objections, mostly about the likelihood of post-election pact-breakage.
* Crimes committed by Ferris Bueller during his day off.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Posted by Gerry Canavan at 3:27 PM