* President Edwards prepares to resign the presidency tonight after admitting he had lied about the fathering of Rielle Hunter's baby during the third debate with John McCain. Vice President Barack Obama is expected to assume the presidency tomorrow morning.
* Paul Krugman, legendary futurist?
* Luck, math, and how to win at gambling.
* What's hot: potbellies!
* Multitask: the game. Note: you will hate this game.
* On the cinematography of Mad Men. Nice video to get you ready for the third season.
* Behold, NASA's secret plan to move the Earth.
Hence the group’s decision to try to save Earth. ‘All you have to do is strap a chemical rocket to an asteroid or comet and fire it at just the right time,’ added Laughlin. ‘It is basic rocket science.’What could possibly go wrong? (Not a hoax. Via Occasional Fish.)
The plan has one or two worrying aspects, however. For a start, space engineers would have to be very careful about how they directed their asteroid or comet towards Earth. The slightest miscalculation in orbit could fire it straight at Earth – with devastating consequences.
* Behold, the banned Family Guy episode.
* Nerdivore points out District 9 is getting great reviews.
* GLAAD flunks SyFy.
* And a physicist at Slate says The Time Traveler's Wife checks out.