* Can't-miss upcoming events at Duke: a Sun Ra talk and accompanying art exhibit.
* Glenn Beck, art critic. Olbermann critiques the critic.
* This morning John Hodgman accidentally tweeted his cell phone number to all 82,000 of his Twiter followers.
* Ten sci-fi ways to change the climate.
* Turns out the White House drafting its own health-care reform bill. Steve Benen speculates as to what might be in it.
* Krugman on the causes of the Great Recession. Discussion at MetaFilter.
* MetaFilter also has your police brutality outrage of the day.
Friday, September 04, 2009
Posted by Gerry Canavan at 10:25 PM
Labels: afrofuturism, art, climate change, Duke, ecology, geo-engineering, Glenn Beck, health care, John Hodgman, Keith Olbermann, Krugman, liquidity crisis, music, police brutality, politics, recession, science fiction, Twitter