My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Here's the "Playlist for Change" that will be rocking our apartment tonight as the Super Tuesday results come in. (Close readers of my Sopranos and Kinks mixes may discover some overlap.)

1. Yes We Can (Various Celebrities)



2. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours (Stevie Wonder)

3. Revolution (The Beatles)

4. Gimme Some Truth (John Lennon)

5. The Times They Are A-Changin' (Bob Dylan)

6. This Time Tomorrow (The Kinks)

7. Imagine (John Lennon). Jaimee is under strict orders to play this song at my funeral, though she says she won't do it. It would bring the house down.

8. Think (Aretha Franklin)

9. Try (Just a Little Bit Harder) (Janis Joplin)

10. You Keep Me Hangin' On (Vanilla Fudge). Set me free, why dontcha you, babe? Get out my life, why don't you, babe? Cuz you don't really love me—you just leave me hangin' on.

11. Understanding Marx (Red Shadow). Because I have to keep my cred with the ultra-left somehow.

12. Livin' in the Future (Bruce Springsteen)

13. I Saved the World Today (Eurythmics)

14. I'm Not Like Everybody Else (The Kinks). Because my earnest support for Obama, while fervent, doesn't put me beyond irony or critical self-reflection.

15. Glad Tidings (Van Morrison)

16. Freedom (George Michael)



17. The Promised Land (Bruce Springsteen)

18. I Love You, Awesome (The Phoenix Foundation, from the Eagle vs. Shark soundtrack)

19. 1999 (Prince)

20. Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young)