My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I like what Ezra Klein has to say about the recent wrong-track and Bush-disapproval numbers so much I'll just quote it:

It's something of a crisis for our political system that the president has now spent over three years hated and mistrusted by the majority of the country, and yet has never felt the need to take steps to restore his legitimacy. Something is wrong.
It's worse than that, of course, when you consider the cloud of corruption under which the man was both elected and re-elected. Something, indeed, has gone drastically and dramatically wrong with our democracy; it's almost as if the opinion of the governed doesn't actually matter at all.

That said, I must admit I'm pretty fond of the photo he chose to illustrate this somber reflection.