My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday, Monday.

* Speaking of my once and future TA Heather W., I'm told she's devoting her Thursday radio show this week to apocalyptic music in honor of our dear, departed class at [Undisclosed Location]. I'm told the show will air at 9pm on Thursday evening, and you can listen in over the Internet at wxyc.org...

* Of course we always knew Fox was getting its talking points straight from the White House, but it's definitely nice to have actual confirmation.

* What liberal media? Part 5,000,000: The Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University, where researchers have tracked network news content for two decades, found that ABC, NBC and CBS were tougher on Obama than on Republican John McCain during the first six weeks of the general-election campaign.

* Michael Chabon talks genre to the L.A. Times.

* And Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons talks about why Alan Moore hates Hollywood:

There’s been some implication that [Alan has said], ‘Hollywood is impure, you really shouldn’t go there, Dave.’ No, it’s nothing to do with that at all. The fact is that Alan has had some very bad experiences with Hollywood, and he doesn’t care to repeat them. Now Alan is not a man who does things in halves. You or I might go, ‘Oh, well, if they want to make a film, that’s alright.’ Alan said, ‘No, I don’t want my name on it, and I don’t want any income from it. I don’t want anything to do with it at all.’ So, consequently he asked me to ask the movie company to send him a piece of paper that he could sign that would make both of those things happen. Which I was happy to do. …That’s what he wanted. He was extremely happy, he said, ‘Now I’ve had the piece of paper signed, I don’t care, I’m indifferent.’ I do speak to him from time to time, and occasionally I’d start to talk about Watchmen, and he’d say, ‘Well, I’m pleased you’re enthusiastic Dave, but I can’t really share it.’”
* Can GM save itself from bankruptcy with the Chevy Volt?