Monday politics wrap-up.
* Condoleezza Rice seems to be having a little trouble deciding whether she wants to come back from the Dark Side or else keep up the good work.
* Classic gaffe for John McCain: he's accidentally leaked the U.S. government's knowledge of the top-secret Iraq-Pakistan border.
* He's also having trouble getting published in the New York Times. Don't feel bad, John, they won't publish my op-eds either.
* Novakula says we'll have the Republican VP by the end of the week. That screams Romney to me—the sooner he's tapped the sooner they can start spending his money, which (because McCain accepted public money) they can't spend after the RNC convention.
* Bush hits 21% approval, with 72% disapproval. Still a bit high.
* My Official George W. Bush "Days Left in Office" Countdown Count shows only 182 days left in our long national nightmare, but a Cheney-linked think-tank has proposed that Bush declare himself president-for-life.
President Bush can fail in his duty to himself, his country, and his God, by becoming “ex-president” Bush or he can become “President-for-Life” Bush: the conqueror of Iraq, who brings sense to the Congress and sanity to the Supreme Court. Then who would be able to stop Bush from emulating Augustus Caesar and becoming ruler of the world? For only an America united under one ruler has the power to save humanity from the threat of a new Dark Age wrought by terrorists armed with nuclear weapons.Ball's in your court, Mr. President.
* And Ben Smith has your day in photographs. Obama's had a good week so far.