A little busy today, but here are a few links I've saved up.
* Watchmen link of the day: The Fate of Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis. Via the comments at the Candleblog review.
* Grant Morrison on the superhero genre.
I’m not even sure if there is a superhero genre or if the idea of the superhero is a special chilli pepper-like ingredient designed to energize other genres. The costumed superhero has survived since 1938, constantly shifting in tone from decade to decade to reflect the fears and the needs of the audience. The current mainstream popularity of the superhero has, I think, a lot to do with the fact that the Terror-stricken, environmentally-handicapped, overpopulated, paedophile-haunted world that’s being peddled by our news media is crying out for utopian role models and for any hopeful images of humankind’s future potential!* Don't Look Back—a flash game based on the Orpheus myth.
* Top 10 myths about sustainability.
* Bad news for solipsists: the universe exists independently of our observation. Via Kottke.
* Also from Kottke: famous directors take on famous comedy bits. A little amateurish, but it made me smile.