* The first of the last three Pushing Daisies is on tonight. Bryan Fuller's not satisfied, and not done with the story yet.
* Alien prequel on the way.
* More on the sci-fi future that failed from CNN.
* Related: Star Trek as religion.
* Scenes from trailers that aren't in the finished film. I suspect I would have liked Terminator Salvation a lot more if the "This isn't the future my mother warned me about" scenes had been retained.
* Wondermark has a good riff take on Terminator-style action franchises: 1, 2, 3.
* Tales of the New Frontier: a web comic set in a mythical alt-history Kennedy administration.
* 'Jesus Killed Mohammed': Christian dominionism and the U.S. military.
* Brace yourselves for Toy Story 3.
* Weekend games: Heavy Weapons, Panic Breakout, Fail-Safe, and Redstar Fall Pro.
* And this just in: Delaware still sucks.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Posted by Gerry Canavan at 4:28 PM