Still more links.
* Shepard Smith: Fox News's email has become "more and more frightening." I've asked before, but why is this man still on Fox?
* Rush Limbaugh picked the wrong day to make a birther joke.
* Jeremiah Wright picked the wrong day to say something incredibly moronic about "them Jews."
* There is no right day to propose a Full House remake. Stamos! Via Occasional Fish.
* Fear the Emanuel hegemony.
* Fear the myth of perpetual copyright.
* 50 scientifically proven ways to be persuasive. In terms of understanding the human psyche, the academy is still decades behind the advertising industry.
* 'Supervolcano may be brewing beneath Mount St Helens.' Yikes. (And get me Bobby Jindal on the phone.) Via MeFi.
* Guantánamo's Uighurs have been sent to Palau. More from Yglesias, Attackerman, Greenwald, and the Plank.
* Linda Holmes criticizes Pixar for going to the princess well for its first female lead.
* The Sopranos and postmodern irony.
Yet formally self-conscious and deliberately ambiguous though it tended to be, "The Sopranos" was by no means so completely decentered in its “overall moral or thematic attitude” as all that. On the contrary, it seems to me to have been very definitely grounded what might be called (for want of any better phrase) a deeply pessimistic Freudian moral sensibility.Via Kotsko.