Friday night! Let's linkdump.
* If you sent a letter to Whole Foods about the John Mackey Wall Street Journal editorial, you probably got a response tonight. I'd post what I received, but the small print at the bottom instructs me I cannot:
This email contains proprietary and confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others without the permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of the message.I certainly appreciate their crafting a non-apology apology for my sole use. I don't know how Daily Kos got a hold of it.
* NJ-GOV blogging: TPM, TPM, FiveThirtyEight.com.
* Also in Jersey news: Bob Dylan hassled by local NJ cop.
* NC-SEN blogging: Everyone hates Richard Burr.
* Airlock Alpha speaks the truth: it's obviously too early for another Battlestar Galactica reboot.
* 'Amusing Ourselves to Death': Huxley vs. Orwell.
* From Betsy to Rush to Sarah Palin to Chuck Grassley to your own old relatives forwarding you crazy shit.
* SF on HBO?
* Joe Siegel's heirs have won rights to a few more early Superman stories.
* Whitney Phillips at Confessions of an Aca/Fan tracks down the provenance of the recent Obama/Joker/SOCIALISM graffiti. Of course, it was 4chan.
* Obama sips it. Paris Hilton loves it. Mary J. Blige won't sing without it. How did a plastic water bottle, imported from a military dictatorship thousands of miles away, become the epitome of cool?