My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected to the new home page in 60 seconds. If not, please visit
http://gerrycanavan.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I've been pleasantly surprised by the seriousness with which the mainstream media has handled John McCain's veepstakes roll of the dice: there's negative pieces on the poorly vetted, poorly thought-out selection in the New York Times, Washington Post, and L.A. Times today. However, I'm not hopeful this attitude of diligence and responsibility will last past tonight—Palin's ability to read a speech to an adoring crowd will be taken as "proof" that she's ready to take over as president if something happens to John McCain. (And yes, thank you, I'm already fully aware of the irony.)

I had high hopes the caught-flat-footed Lieberman video I uploaded last night would go viral and destroy McCain's credibility for all time. That hasn't happened (yet!), but so far it has been picked up by Washington Monthly / CBS Online, Cynical-C, and Crooks and Liars. Alongside the Daily Kos diary I hope that means it's catching some eyes. It's an incredibly revealing, damning, and best of all self-inflicted indictment of McCain's gamble from one of his top supporters; I can't say enough good things about it. Show it to anyone you can.