Friday morning links.
* Is Dollhouse already canceled? Fox is advertising that Prison Break returns to Fridays on 4/17.
* Mike Krzyzewski gets a tough evaluation on ratemyprofessor.com.
* Alternate-universe Watchmens. Only the Woody Allen hypothesis really sings.
* And this xkcd is quieter than the ones that usually get ricocheted across the Internet, but damn if it didn't make me laugh.
* And is time really the fire in which we burn? Consider the thermal time hypothesis. More at MetaFilter.
According to Connes and Rovelli, the same applies to the universe at large. There are many more constituents to keep track of: not only do we have particles of matter to deal with, we also have space itself and therefore gravity. When we average over this vast microscopic arrangement, the macroscopic feature that emerges is not temperature, but time. "It is not reality that has a time flow, it is our very approximate knowledge of reality that has a time flow," says Rovelli. "Time is the effect of our ignorance."I think Rovelli just wrote Alan Moore's next three graphic novels. Grant Morrison's, too.